These are the general terms & conditions that apply to the terms of purchase from Oak Furnitureland Inc. (OAK FURNITURElAND INC, ‘WE’ ‘US’ OR ‘OUR’) regardless of whether the order is placed online or over the telephone.
You should not proceed with your order until you have read and agreed to these terms and conditions.
1. Product Specifications
- We and our suppliers have a policy of continuous product development. We reserve the right to amend the specifications of any goods or products without prior notice in relation to future sales. This includes adjustments to sizes or ornamental detailing on individual items purchased. Please email or call at least 48 hours after ordering to check exact sizes or potential ornamental changes as on occasions minor adjustments may have been made by our supplier.
- Products supplied may differ as a consequence from those on display or advertised. However, the products supplied will be of equivalent value, functionality and appearance.
- All our furniture is made from natural wood and accordingly appearances may vary. Some woods will mellow with age and exposure to sunlight. When you purchase our furniture you are buying pieces where varying degrees of distressing is generally applied. This is very much intended and makes each piece totally individual as designed by the manufacturers. We sell only genuine rustic designs with varying degrees of distressing from piece to piece; this may involve wood splits, wood filling, knots, purposeful distress/scratch marks, antiquing etc. Certain degrees of filler may be used on our furniture. This is common and part of the manufacturing process. Please note that our mango items are usually of a very rustic nature and a heavy distressing is usually applied. This may appear as a dulling or rubbing effect to the waxed finish. Knotty and grainy woods are used; this is as intended by the supplier.
- Leather products are made from quality natural leather and accordingly they may not be uniform in color or texture and may exhibit traces of natural markings such as scars and bites.
- Every effort is made to display as accurately as possible the colors of our products that appear in our stores, on our website and in other promotional materials. We cannot guarantee however the complete accuracy of the pictures or photographs that are shown. Many conditions such as your monitor or screen settings and batching can affect the coloring of items in a picture.
- From time to time, we may have a specifically marked section of our website marked as clearance ranges. When you purchase items from a clearance/discontinued range please note that this stock is new and boxed. The items are from a discontinued range and as such are being sold as unused seconds. These items have been previously handled and so they may have knocks, scratches or other defects due to being over handled. The sale price takes this into consideration. Thus these products are sold in ‘As Is’ condition, all purchases are final and they may not be returned.
- Most of our products do not require any home assembly. However on occasion, to aid in delivery or to avoid damage, our designers have deemed it best that certain items will need a small amount of home assembly. This includes all dining tables and beds and some armoires, occasional tables and sofa products. Any handles, e.g. for drawers and armoire doors, may be on the inside of the drawers and doors. Items needing home assembly will be clearly identified in the individual item description on our website. Our designers have made efforts to ensure that any assembly is as straightforward as possible and that it will not detract from the quality or structural integrity of the product. We will not unbox (unless you have previously agreed this with our customer services team ahead of your items being dispatched; please see our Delivery Options page for full information) any of your items or assemble any of your furniture. Please note that we cannot facilitate the removal of any of your packaging. We cannot accept any liability for any extra costs incurred by you as a result of incorrect or incomplete measurements or information supplied by you, or minor alterations made by the supplier
- Our solid hardwood furniture will require treating with wax immediately upon receipt. Ensure that you wax the whole item, not just the top and repeat every six months with natural wax polish. Please treat your furniture immediately on delivery as your item may have been in shipping for some time and modern home heating/cooling will accelerate the drying process. Failure to treat your wood furniture as instructed can result in problems that will not be covered by your warranty.
- Please be aware that you are purchasing natural timber products where slight timber movement in shipping is a possibility. On rare occasions, due to extreme climate changes in shipping, you may find slight swelling on doors or drawers, making them stiff to open. You should not return or refuse the item if this is the case, as usually this will rectify itself within a week once the timbers adjust to their new environment and heating/cooling conditions. You may also find that simply swapping the drawers will remedy this. However, on rare occasions, the timber movement may not settle and you may need to sand or shave a small amount from a drawer or door. If this is necessary, please sand or shave from the bottom of the drawer front or from the side of the door as this will not be noticeable and will not invalidate your warranty. A simple touch of furniture wax will then protect any adjustments made. Again, failure to treat your wood furniture as instructed can result in problems that will not be covered by your warranty. Stiff drawers or doors will not be deemed as faulty or defective. This means you are purchasing our furniture on the understanding that any necessary simple adjustments may need to be undertaken by you at your expense. If you do not wish to undertake any adjustments needed and wish to return the item we will of course offer a 7 day return period. In such an instance, the item must be returned in unused condition at your expense. Please see our Returns & Cancellations policy for full details.
- Our furniture is crafted from natural hardwood timbers and accordingly there may be slight differences in size between products of the same description. All product dimensions specified by us are approximate.
- There may be differences in the spacing around doors and drawers; however, this will always be within our quality control limits.
- By purchasing our furniture you agree to undertake any simple necessary adjustments yourself. Certain issues of the type described in this section will not be considered to be defects or faults.
Please refer to our Care & Characteristics page for more information.
- We always try to be as accurate as possible; however specified measurements are always approximate. No two products of ours will ever be identical. Please contact us within 48 hours of ordering if minor changes to dimensions are going to be a problem.
- All listed prices exclude sales tax and are subject to any promotional offer or discount. Sales tax will be added at check out as necessary.
- The prices displayed on the website are for online purchases and promotions only and are not transferable to sales through any other means. Prices relating to any online promotion are valid strictly until midnight (Eastern Time) on the day on which the promotion expires, as determined by us.
- We will not be bound to honor any prices, that have been displayed in error, whether typographical or otherwise. In cases where the error has not been noticed until after an order has been placed, we reserve the right to cancel the order, notify you in writing and, to the extent we have accepted payment from you, a full refund will be offered.